2020 Guatemala Mission Trip
March 7, 2020 to March 14, 2020
All DayCategory: Mission Trip | Coordinator: Matthew Ullrich
We are excited to have a full group planning and fundraising to go to Guatemala this year. Please join us in praying for all who are a part of this mission trip. You can view and download a prayer card HERE!
If you would like to give towards the trip, please contact Matt Ullrich!
Purpose of Trip
Restoration Church Bryan and Acts Community Church in Pasadena are excited to return to Nebaj, Guatemala this coming March! Once again we will be partnering with the McComb Family in sharing the Gospel with the Ixil (pronounced ee-sheel) people.
This year we will be partnering with a local Nebaj church, Palabra en Acción (Word in Action). Our three churches will be working together in sports camps, evangelism nights, and a Gospel-centered teen suicide prevention conference for local pastors and students in the area.
- Friday, March 6th – Saturday, March 14th
- Price: $1,500
- $200 deposit due on sign up
Potential Trip Itinerary*
- Saturday, March 7: Team meets flies out of Houston EARLY Saturday morning. Land in Guatemala just after noon and make our way to Chichicastenango to stay the night.
- Sunday, March 8: Leave Chichicastenango early Sunday morning, and arrive in Nebaj for lunch. Evening worship with Palabra en Accion.
- Monday, March 9: Sports camp in the morning at Mountain Springs Camp (MSC). In the afternoon prayer walk around Nebaj. Evening workshop on teen suicide prevention.
- Tuesday, March 11: Sports camp in the morning at Mountain Springs Camp (MSC). In the afternoon prayer walk around Nebaj. Evening workshop on teen suicide prevention.
- Wednesday, March 12: In the morning partner with Palabra en Accion in a work project or help with their evangelism or discipleship efforts. Evening worship service & VBS at Palabra en Accion.
- Thursday, March 13: Team debrief day. The group will have the option to stay in town to do some shopping at the local market or go on a hike through the mountains that surround Nebaj.
- Friday, March 14: Leave Nebaj in the morning and drive to Guatemala City for dinner and hotel.
- Saturday, March 16: Team flies out of Guatemala early Saturday morning and arrives back in Bryan//College Station by Saturday afternoon.
*Depending on circumstances, travel, or Jesus coming back, this itinerary is subject to change. As we get closer to leaving, this itinerary will become more detailed.